- Cool and quiet environments
- Soft music, especially wind instruments
- Use of cooling colors including green, blue and white.
- Placement of fresh flowers in the home.
- Walking or sitting outdoors at night; looking at the moon.
- Using turmeric, fennel, dill and coriander but not other spices in excessive amounts.
- Cooling aromas: sandalwood, rose, gardenia, lotus, vetiver.
- Cultivating forgiveness, compassion and kindness.
- Enjoy foods, which are not piping hot and are bitter and astringent in taste.
- Take a short nap or rest in the afternoon.
- Recreational activity should balance work activity.
- Meditation on a regular basis.
AVOID / REDUCE
- Anger and jealousy.
- Consumption of excessively spicy foods.
- Dealing with one’s own tardiness or that of others.
- Excessive ambition and competition.
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Excessive criticism of self or others.
- Excessive exposure to the sun the in summer season.
- Excessive number of quarrels, disagreements, and arguments.
- Excessive time spent in uncertain or insecure relationships or partnerships.
- Insufficient consumption of pure, clean water
- Lack of time spent outdoors in nature, especially near lakes, rivers and fields.
- Wearing inappropriately warm clothing in the warm seasons.