45 minutes: $125
Generally recommended a series of 7 therapies
Netra Basti is a special Ayurvedic therapy for the eyes. It’s a sort of “eye bath” in which the eyes are submerged in an unctuous substance like herbal ghee. This Ayurvedic treatment for eyes is carried out in combination with a face massage and is experienced by our clients as being very enjoyable, relaxing and effective. Freshly made dough rings filled with fragrant oils are placed around the eyes, and cow’s ghee (clarified butter) is gently poured onto the eyes and gently ask the client to open the eyes to immerse the ghee or herbal ghee into the eyes.
Ghee for eyes acts as a cooling oil to address the imbalances of pitta organs. It also aids in nourishing dry or fatigued eyes. Desi Ghee is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that help maintain optimal eye health by treating visionary and eyesight problems.
It is highly recommended for people who regularly work at computers, operate machinery, drive for long periods, or anyone who is currently suffering from tired, aching and sore eyes.
There are some precautions measures that need to be taken before and after offering Netra Basti. The patient or client should be stress-free before taking the therapy also any kind of eye makeup should be removed.
- It relieves tiredness and also improves eyesight.
- Debris and toxins deep within the eye socket can be removed
- Softens dark circles caused by tension, stress and lack of sleep
- Relaxes your eye and face muscles from computer straining
- Removes fine lines, puffiness, dryness of the eye and skin around it
- Helps the eyes sparkle
- Increases clarity, vision, colors look sharper and brighter
- Relieves red, tired or dry eyes
How to improve vision naturally:
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet rich in antioxidants and vitamin A
- Get enough night sleep between 10:00 pm – 5:00 am
- Exercise regularly
- Protect your eyes from the sunlight
- Wear eye protection when doing anything that could potentially lead to eye injury
- Take breaks from screen time
- Obtain regular eye exams with qualified eye doctors (MD, DO, OD)
IMPORTANT: Prior to this therapy the client is advised to have consultation with a Licensed Ophthalmologist (MD, DO, OD) with any underlying diseases