Duration: 45 minutes
Application of warm herbal oil on the feet followed by massage is well known as Pada Abhynaga (foot massage). Usually this particular therapy is also performed along with Sharira Abhyanga (Total body massage) and also given individually.
Massaging the feet is akin to massaging the entire body, according to Ayurveda. It not only helps with detoxification of the body but also helps in balancing the emotions and improving the blood circulation and lymph flow. Ayurvedic foot massage helps in relaxing the lower extremities, treating sleeplessness, and provides physical and emotional relief with the stimulation of Marma points, the Ayurvedic energy points.
This therapy helps and beneficial in*:
- Clears roughness of the soles
- Helps stiffness or any limitation of movement of feet
- Corrects the excessive dryness of feet
- Helps crack foot
- Relieves numbness of the feet
- Relaxes and relieves the strain and exhaustion of feet
- Promotes the strength of feet
- Improves vision and eyesight
- Feet becomes soft and smooth
- Helps in risk of sciatica
- Alleviates the morbid imbalanced vata dosha
- Helps in cramps of the muscles of the feet, deformities